Jovan Williams




Jovan Williams 575056 WCI (bd1993, 24yo)Jovan Williams was incarcerated at age 19 and has been in prison in restrictive Status housing for more than  2 years, approximately January 2016 until now. He believes he was originally put in restrictive housing Status for disobeying orders and was given 90 days. He is still there. He has not been giving outside of cell recreation nor allowed to go outside for long periods. Due to DAI policies and procedures he was given 45, 90 and 105 days of loss of rec.
         He is diagnosed as MH-1 and is continually put around prisoners with MH-2-A and 2-B and says there are no psychological treatment  given to any of them. “ I never thought I will have all of these scars on my body and mental, but look at the result of what I have gone through being incarcerated in these settings . I don’t know if I will be able to function in the community without help. I have reached out more than several times for help to get back to reality but get nothing. This setting is full of boredom, hostile ways from people. This is dangerous-which leads me to self destructive ways, suicidal thoughts, self harm and suicidal attempts which only make my psychological state worse than it was at the beginning.
          His history of self harm is extensive. He asks to be properly diagnosed at WRC and to be sent to WRC for  programs /groups for his diagnosis. He says there is one word for his environment: “ Unbearable!”