Dennis Mix

A nurturing note would be much appreciated by Dennis. You can use FFUP's return address and do not have to give the prisoners your real address. If you wish to be a friend to any of these prisoners,email  FFUP  with your name and address and the name of the prisoner you wish to write so we can deliver his answering mail to you. And we are available any time for questions or concerns. pgswan3@aol.com



Dennis Mix 499033 CCI,  bd1987, 31yo in CCI- hung himself in Solitary- settled his  case on deliberate indifference and was put back in similar situation. FFUP first made contact with him because of a concerned letter from a neighbor.
     His  case #2 14–cv-01172 WCG was concluded in 2017 which was settled because, according to Mr Mix, the DOC tampered with a key witness “which made me afraid and I settled.”
    “I have 6 years until my release 2-13-24. I fear I will kill myself before that. They moved us to unit 7B where upstairs is housed all AC prisoners when it overflows downstairs where all their MH seg prisoners are. I don’t know if I should be downstairs or upstairs. They wake up screaming in middle of the night and it makes my issues worst. It’s rough. If you complain about this they will write a CR and say you threatened them. This keeps complaints to a minimum”.
     WDOC often places severely mentally ill prisoners in solitary as a control tool though this only worsens their conditions and makes it impossible to get treatment. This plaintiff is at imminent risk for a psychological breakdown and another suicide attempt.
”We are on 24 hour lockdown. I’ve appealed my placement but it’s well known what happens when I’m in seg long. All it takes is one day I’m paranoid. They say my history- well, the violent fight was in 2017 and I hadn’t had a fight before that since 2014 –that’s 3 years.”